Pulse Light Therapy
What is Stellar M22® Pulse Light Therapy?
The Stellar M22™ is an advanced pulsed light medical aesthetic device that has received 34 US FDA and EU CE certifications and is capable of treating over 30 different skin conditions. These conditions include a variety of unnatural pigmentation, skin whitening, abnormal tissue regeneration after skin injury, benign vascular changes, etc. Stellar M22™ not only resurfaces the skin’s surface layer, but is also thought to be effective in correcting up to 90% of all skin conditions without causing sensitivity.
Impulsed Light (IPL) treatments are commonly used for a variety of skin treatments, including the improvement of rough skin, wrinkles, pigmentation, redness, acne, etc. The light emitted by the IPL device is able to penetrate the skin’s surface layer and is absorbed by specific pigments within the skin, thus improving the skin’s condition.
Stellar M22® Treatment Effects
Improved stubborn spots
Reduced acne marks
Even skin tone
Reduced fine lines
Treatment of rosacea
Depending on the symptoms and severity of the patient’s rosacea, the Stellar M22™ pulsed light can provide relevant treatments. For example, if the patient has delicate and sensitive skin with visible dilated blood vessels and redness, pulsed light can help control the redness caused by the dysregulation of the facial vascular system. Stellar M22™ vascular laser treatment, also known as rosacea laser, can simultaneously improve facial redness and the dilation of microblood vessels.
During the treatment, it is also important for patients to avoid triggers that contribute to rosacea, such as alcoholic and caffeinated beverages, spicy foods, direct sunlight, and mental stress.
Improved vascular dilation
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Stellar M22™ treatments do I need till I see effects?
Who isn’t a suitable candidate for Stellar M22™ treatment?
- Have active infections
- Have dysplastic nevi
- Have tattoos on treated areas
- Have significant concurrent skin conditions or any inflammatory skin conditions
- Have active cold sores, open lacerations, or abrasions
- Have chronic or cutaneous viral, fungal or bacterial diseases
- Were exposed to sun or artificial tanning during 3-4 weeks prior to treatment
- Have a history or concurrent condition of skin cancer or pre-cancerous lesions at the treatment areas
Any precautions after the treatment I should know of?
- Avoid heavy direct sunlight after the treatment. It is recommended that you wear sunscreen that is above SPF30 and PA+++ when going outdoors to effectively prevent the damage on your skin by UVA and UVB.
- You should use lukewarm water to wash your face in the first two days after treatment, while also avoiding rubbing. You should also use more gentle but effective moisturising products after treatment.
- Light makeup can be applied after treatment, but they should be safe and gentle products.
- Some clients receiving freckle treatments may see scabbing in 2-5 days which may itch. It is important to just wait until they fall off naturally and not touch or scratch them.
- It is recommended to avoid using whitening or freckle-removing products and products containing fruit-acid short-term after treatment.